Content Pillars are a concept that took me a while to grasp. Understanding my Content Pillars was game changing for me, because it helped me cut down my content focus.
What is a Content Pillar?
Content pillars are 3 to 5 topics your brand will consistently discuss, amplify, and create content for on social media. As social media strategist Christina Galbato explains, “You might hear them called content categories or content buckets. They all mean the same thing.”
I am sure you have heard "Niche Down" meaning to simple find one subject or a few subjects to be an expert in.
Content Pillars make creating content simple. Your Content Pillars will allow you to create your Content Calendar in advance.
A skincare line can be Confidence, Skincare Education and Self Care.
A marketing strategist could focus on entrepreneurship, marketing tips, and work/life balance.
Your pillars will guide your content and allow your mind to spark ideas.
Here are a few tips to help you with Content:
- Create a note in your with separate sections for each of your content pillars. Take Time to add ideas when you see inspiration or have a content idea
- Look at your Analytics to see what kind of Content your Audience engages best
- Make note of your best performing social media posts
- Content Format: Graphic, Reel, Live, Story
- Hashtags you added
- Follow Trends and Updates in YOUR Industry- don't force it! I always use the Credit Repair Specialist Twerking in her Reel as an example.
- Inspiration NOT Duplication - Although Social Media is big it's small
- Make notes of FAQ that customers ask
- Google Trends - Helps you see what people are googling
- See how to tell if a sound is Trending Here
- National Holiday Calendar
- Jaleesa Is Magic Workbook